Milestones Child Development Center in Portage is seeking qualified candidates for a cook position. Ideal candidates will be caring, dependable, flexible, enthusiastic, motivated, and work well in a team-oriented environment.
Planning & implementation of meals while cleaning up after cooking, establishing & maintaining positive family, child, and staff relationships, and ensuring safety and highest quality childcare. Position is available immediately. Schedule is 7:15 AM-4:15 PM, Mon-Fri.
At least 18 years of age
High school diploma or equivalent
Professional experience working with young children or in a group child environment
Current TB test
Clear criminal background check
Current CPR/First Aid certification (or willing to obtain)
• Prepares nutritious meals and snacks for enrolled children; prepares substitutes items for children on restricted diets
• Practices safe food handling techniques in food preparation and storage
• Keeps a daily record of menus and notifies staff and parents of substitutions to menu.
• Maintains a safe and sanitary kitchen, pantry and storage areas
• Washes items used for food preparation
• Maintain a clean and orderly room
• Distributes food to classrooms
• Provide each child’s parent, information of individual activities on a daily basis
• Ensures adherence to Child Care Food Program guidelines and all public health regulations regarding food storage and preparation
Full Time: M-F 7:15AM-4:15PM